Monday, May 4, 2009

goodbye

i lost my best friend this week, among other things. saying goodbye is harder than i realized.

loss is a funny thing. it is not quantitative, more or less. it is personal. my loss feels larger than anything i know to describe because what i lost is still around me but i cant have it. he is everywhere. he has become a part of me. i dont know where to begin separating him from me and saying good-bye. i have forgotten what part is only me.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Caitlin. Don't know what to say besides that.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and that I think you're darling in every way.

Jules said...

Caitlin, I have been thinking about you and just hope that you will feel of my love for you! I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time!
Love, Julie

Audrey Crisp said...

I'm so sorry chica! Let me know if you need to vent or need anything else! Love yah!!

Unknown said...

caitie, my heart is breaking for you right now. I'm so so so sorry. I know that doesn't scratch the surface. I've been thinking about you constantly and praying for you to find the goodness that is still out there for you. somewhere. I love you!

jennie said...

I love you and am thinking of you Caitie.

Anonymous said...

I have not stopped thinking about you and just want you to know that I love you. I know there is nothing anyone can say to make things better but hang in there! You deserve everything!

Jennie said...

You're in my thoughts sweet caitlin...

Kirstin said...

i remember how hard it was not to have what i wanted in this regard. i did discover that it turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as i know you will, too. when god closes a door he always opens a window...and what he brings to us through the window is always better than what we would have walked out the door to find for ourselves. i love you.

Twisted Sister said...

I'm sorry Cait. Love you!

Tracy Peterson said...

There is nothing harder. You are the sweetest, most beautiful person. I am ALWAYS here for you. Love you!

Tom And Hailee said...

I love you cait!! Let me know if you need anything!!!

Miyo Strong @ Busath said...

I love this post. I love you. You are a wonderful writer and woman.