Monday, March 15, 2010

birthday thoughts

this has been the best birthday in years. i was gifted very generously, but more important i was surrounded by those i love!!

sweet grace came down and took me for pedicures. she is so fun to be with, and she can always make me laugh. how lucky to have sisters for best friends.

i was able to meet up with friends i adore for a quick lunch. they are such beautiful women that i love and look up to.

i got suprised with 4 dozen of these beauties after a yummy dinner at 5 guys!! WOW!!!

After the night was pretty much over there was still one little gift hovering on the table...I was so suprised and excited to see that little blue bag and box, and look what I found inside, AND with a matching neclace!



Check it out!!! I have been sporting hand me down bikes since I was 12, and I am going to be frank I am stoked for this bad boy. Birthdays are so fun to reflect on years past and hope for years to come. It seems the older I get the less I know. But what I know is time tested and true:


1-the older i get the more i need my momma

2-pride and prejudice is an all-in-one cure for anything, and i mean anything that ails you

3-nothing heals me like the sun or a good run

4-i have an incredible family and support system i could not survive without, truly

5-i can be happy anywhere there is a bath tub and bubbles

6-my quote for this birthday year, "what lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing your beautiful self all day on Saturday. You really are darling! And I'm so happy that you had a good birthday. So, so jealous that you got a the iconic blue bag and box. Someday, Jamie, someday. You deserve every good thing that comes your way. Love you to pieces.

McCall said...

wooohoo for BDAYS! you deserve it cait and i am so impressed with who you are and the way you live your life. here's to another year and many more to come! xoxo - mo

PS - i am wayyyy jealous of the bike, i want to check it out asap!