Wednesday, February 24, 2010

tainted love

mine is a classic love story, tainted love. i love something i know i should not. how can this love be the one thing i wake up wanting and also the bane of my existence? how can i love and hate a thing so fiercely in the same breath? every day i go to bed telling myself that tomorrow is the day to cut free, but then the morning comes and my resolve has weakened.

if there was only a way to either boot this love or embrace it, but alas there is not. i am flawed.

how many times have we broken up and decided after only a few pathetic days alone that we need each other? if only i could make it a few days longer so i could feel the sweetness of independence...

but for now, my love is sold 32 ounces for a $1 at mcdonalds.

one day, i will quit you diet coke, for good. but not today.

6 comments:

The Anderson's said...

I feel the same way my love! Lunchtime is my weakness. Just can't get through the day without it.

Anonymous said...

I broke-up with Diet Coke a long time ago. It was painful - literally. I had the worst headaches for days. Ugh. There's nothing that tastes as good as a cold Coke on ice. Oh. Yum.

McCall said...

amen to that sista! one day, just not today!

Walker Fam said...

Cait- all I can say is I think you have the best posts I have ever read. Luckily, I am not addicted to Diet Coke- but I have enough poor eating habits that make up for that..Let's do lunch next week with our bad food habits- go get a really yummy but oh-so-bad for you burger, fries, and shake! What do you say? Text me when/where and I'll show up! Love you!

nanny said...

Yes. love, marmie

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!