Thursday, August 5, 2010

fear or love?

lately, i LOVE eating amazingly thin, cheesy and authentic italian margherita pizzas at settebelo. sometimes i cannot shovel this divine, carb filled stuff into my mouth fast enough. i would like to hire someone to help feed me on these days, so i do not miss a crumb. it is like i am afraid the pizza might not be there again so i have to get as much as possible.

other days i want to savor every bite, noticing the flavor of the tomatoes or the perfection of the crust. this is where my LOVE of this pizza began.

i guess thats the story of my life right now, either savoring the time or doing everything in my power to get through time.

on tuesday, i was in a savoring mood. i wanted to absorb every minute with a dear friend, a woman i admire and adore. the pizza wasnt bad either. after catching up with some lite crust things (i am so witty) we delved into the meat and cheese of life (again...).

i do not know a more positive or proactive person than this woman. when life knocks her down she gets up running. she is someone whose advice means something, because she lives it.

i have felt lately, like something has changed in me...not really for the good. her response to me? "cait, every choice you make in life comes either from fear or from love"

it sounds obvious, I know! i guess i have been so busy shoveling through life that i have forgotten to see the source through which i live.

2 comments:

brin said...

Wow, Cait, you are so right. My mom always said that everything either comes from love or fear and I really do agree with that. I love your deep and witty posts. :)

Unknown said...

Oh Caitlin I love your witty writing style. So entertaining. We need a serious catch up! When was the last time I even talked to you? I don't know....and that is sad :( How about I call you during my 6 week healing process where I'll be doing nothing but hanging out inside with a baby all day? Sound good?