Friday, August 13, 2010

no, prophet not president!

do you want to kiss my hand? i thought so...

yesterday i was in the temple waiting to be confirmed when out of no where President Monson walked up and shook my hand. he was so happy and friendly. all the members of the 12 were waiting patiently in the hall and as they walked away the smiled and waved.

now, i was feeling like this was pretty cool. until i looked around me and saw a few members of the church from south america who were wiping away tears. this really put into perspective the blessings of living in salt lake at the feet of the prophet.

i went to the temple with a lot of things on my mind and i came out with only a feeling of gratitude for the lives of these men.

i was so excited to tell my nieces what happened, so when i got home and the girls were in the pool i said,

"guess what! i got to meet the prophet today!"

the response was...

"you met barack obama?"

3 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

That's awesome! What a neat experience!

Jamie said...

Wow, Caitlin! I love that story! What an amazing experience. And I love that your darling nieces know about Obama. Very savvy girls!

Walker Fam said...

Caitlin- that is so special. I am way happy you got to meet them. I hope that we get to hang out soon. Can we PLEASE do lunch. :) or run a mile needs to have a meeting.