Wednesday, January 19, 2011

i am so degradetated

despite believing and insisting that i am jo from little women my whole life; i have come to terms with the fact that i am really amy, with parts of jo weaved in. "we will all grow up someday, we might as well know what we want"

in the ninth grade my dad drove sydney and me to a football game in ogden. instead of taking the regular route home, (why would you really?), we were driven through the autumn kissed mountains of morgan and up through coalville and eventually to park city until we made it home a few hours later.

it was on this drive that syd said that i would probably marry someone from morgan and move there because it was a small town and the boys were probably really cute. it would be safe to say that in the ten years since this proclamation that my plans changed about a million times. lucky for me, my 14 year old self (and syd's) knew what i wanted when i grew up. a cute boy (that is a serious understatement!) and gorgeous mountains.

life is good. school, wedding plans, school, moving, decorating our new house and skimming magazines for ideas, school and work fill every waking moment. life is moving at a rate i have never before experienced. i love it. wedding day is approaching, tests are occuring and responsibilities are accumulating. i feel like everyday has something exciting in it.

despite the excitement, i needed a night from 5 years ago. fun and carefree.

so, last night, heidi indulged me. we went to a movie at 10 and ate popcorn and jr mints (despite the honeymoon approaching in 4 weeks and 2 days, but who is keeping track?) and cried and laughed during the movie. it was lovely. worries melted away and laughter seeped in.

it made me grateful for my life 5 years ago, 10 years ago and even more grateful for my life right now. sometimes it takes looking back to remember what i want.

3 comments:

heidi said...

Cute post. Loved the shout out. Id go see that movie again if it meant spending time with you. Love you!

Jamie said...

I love you. I love this post. And I really love that so many good things are happening to you. You deserve it all.

I want a full report on your new house, decor, style, etc. I'm sure its impeccable.

And sadness of sadness, Mike and I will be out of town on your wedding day. Tears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twisted Sister said...

What movie did you see? I would like a good laugh/cry...