Tuesday, September 23, 2008

LA traffic

I don't know how many of you have learned to drive a stick shift. I learned last summer, one might say I am a little behind in this particular skill, although I had an excellent teacher. Thank you Jeff. I am going to be honest with you, there is nothing better to help you learn to drive a stick than getting stuck in LA traffic, ALL ALONE!! Since I was a little overwhelmed with this new responsibility of paying attention to the the RPM's, guessing which gear to get into after I was in neutral during periods of stop and go, etc, I very courageously decided to not use my cell phone while driving. This was without a doubt the hardest part.

I survived, the car survived, and only a couple of casualties were sustained! For instance, I may or may not have christened the driver's seat of the beloved car I was driving, while I was stuck in said LA traffic. Sorry babe! I may or may not have run out of gas, ran down the street to grab men from the nearest gas station, and nicely made them push me in so I could fill up.

Fortunately, lots of good things came out of this day! I am now a pro at driving a stick (seriously, I kick butt), and when it comes down to it, I didn't wet my pants in my own car.

1 comment:

Twisted Sister said...

The most important thing is to NEVER wet your pants in your own car. Well done Cait.

Oh, and welcome to the blogging world. It made my day to stumble onto yours...