begining of october every year, i start to get excited for thanksgiving. the baren trees signal that its coming and the brisk wind carries me down south to torrey. i love my gravy soaked potatoes and nanny's homemade stuffing (one year marv tried to help it by putting wild torrey sage in...i like the original stuff best). that year he also offered a 45 minute prayer in spanish. i love being surrounded by family in the deseret of southern utah, huddled in front of the fire or elbowing each other over a game of nertz-aunt joan was the eternal optimist in this game. i love the curtis thanksgivin' blues and spoons challenges. i love rocking and creating countless rock nativities. nanny's always end up the best. i love choosing, cutting and dragging our christmas trees home and i love our annual rox-a-boxen christmas tree that is still adorning twine from years past.
this is like a shot of happiness in my arm that boosts my immune system amd carries me all the way through the year. sleeves up!
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
i love it cait - so true, you can't beat S. UT and especially this time of year. and rox a boxin i remember that and LOVE IT too! xoxo
I love you Cait! That is all I have to say..oh yah... and that I REALLY REALLY want to do lunch- please?!?!? how about the week after your wonderful Thanksgiving feast?
I am so excited, counting down the days...
Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!! Miss you
Hooray for sweet family memories and traditions! Aren't the holidays the best time of the year? It seems like it's when we remember to put everything in proper perspective.
Post a Comment