Monday, December 14, 2009

captain

i might have a soft spot in my heart for rugby since i am a ram and grew up watching my brother and friends play the darn sport and do the haka. (wow) but...

just saw invictus and was so impressed with this film, not just matt damon's muscled body (which is shown through out, thank you!), but the story of this man who was a victim of hate and a conquerer of it as well. i came out feeling inspired by this amazing man who repeatedly chose forgivness in the place of revenge.

it has made me wonder if i could do the same in his circumstances, and in my own.

i have loved the words Nelson Mandella made famous,

I am the captain of my fate,
I am the master of my soul

4 comments:

McCall said...

you are the bestest my dear - kia kaha! you have more love, forgiveness and kindness in your little finger than most people do in their whole bodies! xoxo and merry merry! mo

PS - miss you and hope finals went well!

Anonymous said...

I can't watch Forever Strong without thinking of your fab cameo! Go Rams! I've love to go see the show - can't wait.

Jennie said...

Caitlin!! I'm in town until Jan 5th...are you? Must See Caitlin!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm back. Loved seeing your cute self the other night. Mike and I think you're honestly so, so darling! And I'm still dying over that shirt/dress you had on. So fab.