Friday, November 7, 2008

too much of a good thing

i was at liberty heights fresh yesterday picking up some flowers, when lo and behold i stumble accross the most amazing hummus.

now, i am not really a "hummus" kinda girl. but since my last trip to cali when the boy and i ate some of this delightful bean spread, i have been focused on finding some to satiate my appetite for it.

i have eaten 3/4 of a pound of hummus, alone, with the help of the garlic crackers. i didnt regret it while i was eating it, i feel differently now though.

kinda like the time we were at aunt rosy's before jen and i ran the park city half marathon, and she made her fresh salsa. so i loaded up thinking if some of it was good for me, all of it would be better.

i dont need to go into detail explaining the wonderful experience of evacuating my bowels on the side of a dirt road with fellow racer's watching as they ran.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love you! Moderation has never been one of my strong points either. My motto has always been - if it's in front of me and I want it, why hold back?

I love the story of you "using the facilities" on the side of the road!

jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennie said...

Who else would be able to FINISH a marathon after getting that sick but you! You were a champ!
And I feel the same way about not knowing when to say when- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread- if some is good than the whole loaf is always better!

Twisted Sister said...

Wow, the visual. I don't know if anybody else can quite appreciate a story like that as I can.