Monday, October 20, 2008

I kissed a judge...and I liked it!


Jeff took me to the Pepperdine School of Law, Barristers Ball this weekend. I have been aching for this weekend since it was mentioned about 7 weeks ago.

This was not any school function, this was a ball on yacht in the Marina del Rey harbor! With future lawyers!! Incidentally, I don't think they make yachts big enough for 400 law students, so it looked more like the boat on the "Booze Cruise" episode of The Office...and it most definitely was the law school booze cruise...but for us it was different.

This was the most romantic ball a girl could wish for. The "yacht" was covered in Christmas lights (as you can see in the pic), the egg yolk moon was our mood lighting, and I had the most handsome date there. Who by the way, picked me up with the most elegant bouquet of fall flowers.

We stood on top of the yacht, ocean breeze tickling our faces, and watched the city lights dancing behind us. Time stood still for an instant, a gift. It felt like we were the only two people on that yacht, despite the mass of students dancing and screaming below. It was magic.

Jeff and I got to shake it up on the dance floor to some of our favorite songs and again, it was like everyone else melted away into the atmosphere.

After returning to the marina, I was gifted the best t-shirt ever. It is a popular song right now by Katy Perry, but this version was way better!

I KISSED A JUDGE...and I LIKED IT!

3 comments:

heidi said...

Fun. It sounds like a fairy tale I want to experience!

jennie said...

How romantic! I am so glad you had a great time- you deserve it!

Rosy said...

You are a beautiful writer...I felt like I was there with you...oh dear-three's a crowd! Loved hearing it was a magical weekend Cait. I love you! Aunt Rosy