I have always felt like I had a certain theatrical quality to me. Apparently others have felt this glowing potential in me as well, because I am finally making my debut in a movie. Not just the workout tapes we made in the sixth grade...in the bottom of Abigail's house, dressed in eighties gear and jumping around on her mini trampoline. No, no this is legit. This is Forever Strong (not to be confused with Forever Young).
Enter: CAIT. (picture the set in the summer of 2006; hot, sunny, and lots of rugby)
First, before I expound on my stardom, I went to Highland (the school the movie is based on). No one ever watched, cheered, or cared about the rugby team-even when they announced we had won nationals. Except my parents. Little shout out for the McCullough's please. There were no announcers at games-even at nationals. There weren't even bleachers OR a scoreboard for crying out loud! The "kicker" is that rugby is a club sport at Highland, so they NEVER rode in school buses. Okay, now that it is clear in your minds...
Scene:
I am waiting at Highland for the team bus to arrive. I am screaming, cheering, blowing kisses to my BYU boyfriend (never caught his name, probably because he sparked a little argument with my real boyfriend at the time when he told me he would treat me better...)
Okay in comes the camera, THERE I AM! Quick!! I am in a green shirt, brown skirt, come on-I am the BLONDIE! Oh, you missed me...
Shame really. We spent 3 hours shooting that scene, and I get maybe 2 seconds of actual screen time.
Was I paid? How can you pay someone for such priceless work?! The three strawberry Fat Boys were plenty. But to top that off, I got to watch the U and Y rugby teams do the huka maybe thirty times A DAY. Can't put a price on that...
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You're a good sport. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
I can't wait to see you- What were they thinking by giving a foxy girl like you only 2 seconds? Big mistake
So does this mean that you broke down and saw the movie... Way to take a stand in your life!
Can't wait to see you at the reunion!
CAITLIN!!! that is SOOO freaking funny! they had a sneak preview of the movie for all of us mormons in orange county and i went to it with a couple of my roommates. Right after that scene of the guys getting out of the bus i said, "hey i think that was my friend caitlin." haha i can't believe it really was you! ps i love blog stalking you. you really are such a talented writer, i feel like i'm right there in the moment with you, and am laughing out loud as i read each post.
LOVE YA!!!
Post a Comment