Since The Office decided to ruin my life by not airing last week, a debate of some sort was taking it's place, which I find interesting since neither of the debators could actually even do anything about anything, except make fun of each other. It was pretty entertaining though. Still not The Office.
Anyway, lately I am begining to think My Office is more funny, so I decided to dedicate my blog to My Office. Here are some sweet conversations we have had this week:
At Maverick getting treats:
Cait: Cute! A mini (cooper) convertible!
Jamie: I don't want a mini, I want a maxi!
Cait: Like the pad?
Jamie: Like...the truck I drive now. (1990, F250 pickup, think molestor style)
Cait: Oh.
Jamie: Mini's are for mini's. Like Minnie Mouse. Maxi's are for Maxi's. Like Mad Max and me. He drove a muscle car. Or he would drive my truck.
At lunch today we were talking plumbing. Did you know that is it named plumbing because the Romans started doing it with lead? Yeah, didn't make sense to me either. But at least it sparked this stimulating conversation over some steaming mushroom bisque and crispy french bread:
Cait: Where does poop go?
Boss: a small pipe takes it from our house to a bigger pipe, that feeds into a bigger pipe, and that feeds into a bigger pipe, and that feeds into...
Jamie: It goes to a plant.
Cait: But we never drink that water right?
Boss: Yep we do. They smush it all together and make a paste. Then they take out the solids, which later eat themselves. That's where Methane gas comes from. Then the liquids go to a clarifier and are zapped with a UV light. Then it is clean and it is potable.
Jamie and I were running errands and observed the semi next to us smoking from it's hood, which was unusual because it appeared to have just come from a car wash, rather a semi-wash. The whole semi-even the windows it was hauling around-was dripping with water. Then we saw the driver light up and start smoking too...
Jamie: That's dumb. That's like polishing the outside and then lighting the inside of you on fire.
Average afternoon:
Jamie: CAIT!
Boss: She's not talking to you.
Driving on other errands with Jamie:
Jamie had honked my horn for me at a light. Thank you!
Cait: Jeff gets mad when I honk his horn.
Jamie: Yeah, you should NEVER honk a dude's horn.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Cait- you are hilarious. I am laughing so hard because I can picture each of these conversations- thank you for enlightening me on what Jamie does during the day. I love you and he loves working with you.
first: that is so funny about Jeff running after the relativos. second: I'm worried about you at a dog park, those compliments must weigh heavy on one side...? But it's a small price to pay for world peace.
third: please give your office a weekly appearance on your blog, I am loving it.
all this coming from the girl who thought she had nothing to write about. please.
LOVE this post...
this dialog is really entertaining. thanks for the laugh!
Post a Comment